"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Camping In The Rain

Above, The Beast at the North Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The last time I camped in rainy conditions was two years ago in Yosemite National Park. I camped at the North Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley. The rain really didn't bother me as I was prepared for it and I didn't let it keep me inside The Beast. The park's shuttle system was a big help as well in getting around and staying dry.

Then, there was the 12 days I camped in the driveway of my new home in New Mexico while waiting for the movers to deliver my stuff, some of which in snowy conditions. 

Do It Yourself RV has some tips for camping in the rain.

They begin with:
Summer is almost here, and that means you can finally pull your RV out of storage and head out for some camping fun. Unfortunately, it also means that rainstorms and showers are a regular occurance—making skies gray, leaving the ground soggy, and keeping many people at home. 
That said, there is no reason you have to remain trapped inside.  By taking the right steps, you can have just as much fun even if you are a bit damp.  What do you need to know about taking on such a wet adventure? Try these ten simple tips.

To see the tips, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog