"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Too Cold For Meteor-Watching, Etc.

Above, the mesas at dusk. I should have gone out earlier. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, I woke up at 3:00 thanks to Sierra hogging the bed. But I was planning on getting up early to see the Lyrid meteor shower anyway.

Above, the sun already got below the horizon when I went outside. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I went outside in 36­­° temperatures. The night sky was clear and full of stars. But I saw no meteors. Then again, I only spent ten minutes outside before the cold drove me back into the house (not that I've never seen meteors before).

Above, the new jade plant and pot I bought yesterday. The bear planter stand I
gave my mom about a year or two before she passed away. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The temperature continued to drop and is now at 32° (freezing). So I went out again to switch on the The Beast's holding tank heaters. I lingered a bit and still saw no meteors.

This wasn't the only dud during the past 12 hours. I was planning to shoot the mesas across the valley at sunset last night, but I got outside too late as the sun was just dipping below the horizon. I was planning to send the photos to Asya to look over for the painting. If it is clear outside this coming evening, I will try again (and get outside earlier).

I did take a few shots outside last evening anyway and they accompany this post.

No comments:

Search This Blog