"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Deck Work To Begin Shortly

Above, the deck will be repainted within the next week or two. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Bids were obtained for repainting the deck (it really needs it) and front porch and I have chosen one of them. They will be starting within a week or two. They may even start this weekend while I am at the clampout. That will be firmed up today.

Along with the deck and porch, I am also having two exterior walls to the house and two exterior walls of the garage repainted. The walls all face the sun and are cracking and curling. 

He guesses that the last time the deck was painted was around fifteen years ago. 

The whole project is a lot cheaper than I originally thought (which is a big relief). The deck and porch work also includes shoring up some loose boards and other minor repairs. The painter I chose included this work in his bid, which I consider to be "above and beyond the call of duty."

This will be this year's project. Next year, I will have interior work done. Since the exterior is exposed to the elements, it is best to get that taken care of first.

UPDATE:

The work will begin tomorrow on the deck. It should be completed by Monday. The house exterior painting should begin this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. Good thing I'm going on a clamp-out tomorrow for the weekend. That way, I won't have to worry about forgetting about it and accidentally stomp in wet paint.

No comments:

Search This Blog