"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 23, 2018

007 On Vinyl

If one is a fan of a particular movie genre or franchise, they also would pick up tie-in merchandise.

Ever since my parents took me to see a double-feature of From Russia With Love and Dr. No, I have been a James Bond fan since.

I have a few records (vinyl LPs and 45 r.p.m. singles for those of you born after CDs took over.

In the old days, vinyl records were easy to find. One of my favorite places to find new and older 45 r.p.m. singles was Licorice Pizza (now defunct). I bought a lot of singles there. Tower Records (mainly the Sunset Blvd. store) was another great source for records.

The first 007 record I bought was in 1965 right after the release of Thunderball. It is the soundtrack album:



The next soundtrack album I bought was sometime in the 1980s, Dr. No, the very first James Bond movie:



A few years later (still in the 1980s), I picked up this compilation album, James Bond Greatest Hits:



I have four James Bond singles in my vinyl collection:

Above, from upper left to right, Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney and Wings), Octopussy
(Rita Coolidge), Never Say Never Again (Lani Hall) and A View To A Kill (Duran Duran).

I have other Bond albums on CD, but I just wanted to concentrate on vinyl.

No comments:

Search This Blog