"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Shady Oasis Kampground

Above, The Beast at the Shady Oasis Kampground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While on my way to New Mexico last week, I stayed at two campgrounds.

The first was the Shady Oasis Kampground in Victorville, California. I had not planned to be in California that night as I was waiting for the mechanic to finish installing a new clutch to my Mustang, so I got a late start.

When I arrived at the Shady Oasis Kampground, the store and office were already closed and had a night registration desk with instructions. The instructions were to complete the form (there were no forms) with credit card information and drop it in the night registration slot or to come in the following morning to complete the formal registration. The only thing to write on were white envelopes.

Above, the night registration desk. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, I gave them my information including my credit card on an envelope, dropped it in the slot and proceeded to a campsite.

I immediately went to bed after plugging in the electrical cord. I was dead-tired after the day's move out of Tarzana.

The next morning, I walked over to the office and found that it doesn't open until 9:00. I wasn't about to wait another two hours, so I left. To date, they haven't charged my card.

The campground was once a KOA Kampground. It is next to Interstate 15, but I didn't notice any bothersome noise from the highway. It is a nice, shaded campground with level sites. It was a nice campground for an overnight stay.

For sites with just water and electric, the fee is $35/night. 

No comments:

Search This Blog