"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, February 12, 2018

Moved In

Above, during the unloading. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, after I had to live in The Beast for 12 days, the movers arrived around 9:30. They originally thought their arrival time would be around 11:00, give-or-take. But that was when they thought I was much closer to Albuquerque, which is 120 miles from me.

The unloading was a little more difficult due to the fresh show that fell the night before. But the crew did a fast (about 2 hours) job of it. Much of the snow melted away by the time they were done.

The only thing that marred the unpacking after they let was when I discovered some white substance that dripped and dried on some of my clothing. I notified Ben Hur Moving and Storage of this and told them that I would be taking the items to the dry cleaners today.

One annoying thing: I can't seem to find my coffee maker.! Well, until I do find it, I'll be using the one from The Beast in the meantime.

Although I didn't do much during the unloading, I did do some unpacking (mainly bathroom and kitchen stuff) and found myself with plenty of aches & pains. Even the long hot shower last evening didn't help. Age, I guess.

About an hour after the movers left, I began preparations to introduce Sierra to the house. She fought like crazy when I put her in her carrier box. But I got her in and took her to the back porch washer room, where her cat box is. She howled for a while and made her way to the dining room. After about five ours in the dining room, she finally came out to explore the house. And explore it she did! She checked out every nook and cranny for about two hours before taking a break. Then she did some more exploring.

This morning, she seems pretty much adjusted to her hew house.

Outside of making trip to Gallup today (to the dry cleaners), I am going to take it easy today. I'll do more unpacking tomorrow.

No comments:

Search This Blog