"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Conservative Jamestown

Above, a hoodie for sale at the Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The morning hours were spent doing some unpacking after taking it easy yesterday.

Thankfully, I found two boxes that I was looking for. One contained my coffee maker and the other contained my watches and other jewelry.

It is when one does some physical labor (such as unpacking and lifting) they feel their age.

After doing the unpacking I set out to do, I headed down to the Flying J to get my mail and to fill the Mustang's tank. I was pleased to find that the ol'Mustang is getting 28 miles-per-gallon out here. That, plus the cheaper gas prices of New Mexico, is saving me some cash.

While inside the Flying J, I did some browsing around and spotted an interesting black hoodie (see photo at top). With the U.S. flag, it reads, "Hey Snowflake No One Owes You Anything!"

After I got back from the Flying J, Jerry, one of my neighbors, came over to introduce himself. His wife runs the Warrior Women Gun Supply shop up the street at their residence. We had a nice chat and he was very pleased that the community gained another Republican. He says the community is a conservative one. He confirmed that the property next to my other acre has been put on the market.

He told me about the shooting range and how to get to it (along Six Mile Canyon Road).

Jerry also said that the community was named after its founder, named James (he called him "Jimmy"). There's 125 lots here with 100 families, he said.

No comments:

Search This Blog