"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 8, 2018

Wyoming Hash Recipe Found!

Above, mom back in 2007. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


While going through things and dumping stuff I don't want (or need) and sorting things I do want to keep before moving to New Mexico, I finally found my mom's recipe for Wyoming Hash! I thought I lost that recipe for good, but I found it while going through stuff in the kitchen I don't need. It was nice seeing her handwriting again. To make sure I don't lose it again (in case this computer eventually crashes), I am posting it here so others can enjoy it!


Wyoming Hash

Ingredients:

3 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 1/4 cups of chopped celery
1 lb. of ground round or ground beef
1 16 oz. can of tomatoes
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of pepper
1 8 oz. package of spaghetti
3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded coarse

Heat skillet oil over moderate heat. Add onion, green pepper and celery. Cook until tender. Push aside vegetables and add meat. Cook until no longer pink.  Mix meat and vegetables together and simmer 3 minutes over low heat. Add tomatoes, chili powder, salt & pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. While meat and vegetables are cooking, cook spaghetti to package directions. Mix all together and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with the shredded cheese and bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Search This Blog