"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Isn't This Just Ducky?



This has been the most dry winter in recent memory, even worse (to me anyway) since the middle of the California drought.

In preparing to move from Tarzana to Jamestown, New Mexico, I hired a dumpster company to bring a dumpster over on Monday so I can toss out stuff I no longer want or need. I set this all up last month (around November 18).

I was checking my phone's Weather Channel app earlier today and found something astonishing. It says that we are to be hit by rains on Monday (100%), Tuesday (80%) and Wednesday (10%), the same days I will have the dumpster! Is this punishment for washing the RV today?

Luckily, I live in the front of the apartment building and the dumpster will be parked at the curb in front. But having rains will be a major annoyance if they are heavy. Lord knows that we need the rain, but did it have to happen when I am dumping stuff out?

As Perry White (John Hamilton) used to say on the Adventures of Superman, "Great Caesar's Ghost!"

I just hope it doesn't snow when the movers are unloading my belongings in New Mexico. (Watch it happen just because I said something.)

No comments:

Search This Blog