"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Getting Ready

Above, the refrigerator/freezer. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Preparations for the upcoming trip to Idaho to see the eclipse have started today.

I headed off to Food 4 Less and picked up some groceries. Most of the meats I'll be bringing I already have in the freezer, but I bought some more. Breakfast is definitely taken care of as well as a few snacks. Non-perishables are already loaded in.

Above, the microwave. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
The usual routine for loading food in the refrigerator is to level The Beast the night before departure and turn on the refrigerator/freezer. It is ready for loading the next morning.

I also picked up some charcoal and lighter fluid as I generally barbecue every night while on a trip (with the exception of fish).

I will "top off" the propane tank next week.

There's one thing I have to do tomorrow. I don't seem to have maps for Idaho, Oregon and Utah. I have AAA tour books for each state, but no maps. I'll head to the Auto Club tomorrow to pick them up.

I expect this trip will be about a week and a half to two weeks long.

No comments:

Search This Blog