"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 6, 2017

A 3-Year-Old Godzilla Fan At The Supermarket

Above, the Godzilla slide I was telling an Encino family about. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

An interesting and cute thing happened while I was in the local supermarket picking up some groceries.

I was in the frozen food section when I heard some singing. Then I recognized what the song was. It was "Mothra's Song". I turned around and saw a little girl, about three years old, singing the song perfectly while sitting in the child's seat of her mother's shopping cart.

I said to her, "You like Mothra?" She said yes. Her mother was nearby and was stunned that someone in the market knew the song. I told her a little about myself.

Then the girl's father came up and said that they are all Godzilla fans from Encino and his daughter's name is Serling (named after Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame). Right now, her favorite kaiju is Titanosaurus from Terror of Mechagodzilla.

We talked a little bit about Godzilla and he said Serling likes to watch Godzilla movies in Japanese language.

I told them about different Godzilla places to go to, including the Godzilla head in Shinjuku and the Godzilla slide in Yokosuka.

I gave them one of my cards.

It has been said before, but Godzilla fans are the nicest fans around.

No comments:

Search This Blog