"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, June 30, 2017

Yee Olde RV Junk Drawer

Above, the "junk drawer" in The Beast. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Pretty much everyone I know has a "junk drawer" in their home. These drawers, usually a kitchen drawer, if for odds & ends such as tools, screws, nuts, bolts, extra extension cords, hardware and all kinds of things that are needed on an occasional basis.

Such is the case of my Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R motorhome. As it is a "home away from home", having a junk drawer is a necessity for keeping similar odds & ends that may become needed while on the road.

Since space is at a premium, my RV junk drawer is more organized than the one in my apartment. Since I gave up cigarette smoking some time ago and have taken up cigar smoking on an occasional basis, I have obtained some wooden cigar boxes. Some I use in the house to store things in and when I find any that will fit in the RV junk drawer, I'll put loose items into them. The boxes are sturdy and handy.

As you can see from the photo above, I have two wooden cigar boxes in the junk drawer. It is the top drawer below the wardrobe closet. In the boxes, I have small bungee cords, padlocks, wires, nuts, bolts, screws and other odds & ends. These boxes make it easier for me to find stuff. Larger items that don't fit into the boxes are left out. From the photo, there is a pair of binoculars, a handheld CB radio (with antenna, charger, power cable), cat harness and leash, bubble level, reading glasses, flashlight, Dutch oven pliers and other things.

Many cigar stores have cigar boxes available (in most instances, free) to customers.

No comments:

Search This Blog